Live Scan 4 U
LIVE SCAN Service is used by all institutions and professions with applicants for employment. licensing or certification:
Security Guards, Teachers, Schools, Realtors, Notaries, CPAs, Lottery Retailers, Stock Brokers, Contractors, Nurses/Doctors/Hospitals, Attorneys, Caregivers for children and elderly, Gaming, Insurance, Pilots, Pharmacists, Volunteers, Dental Assistants, Others.
Business hours: Monday through Friday from 10 AM - 6:30 PM. Appointment is needed.
In most cases, the results from DOJ come back within 48 hours. The results are either emailed or sent to the requesting agency listed on the Request for Live Scan Service form.
If a requesting agency does not have results yet and digital Live Scan fingerprints were submitted, you can use the automated telephone system to check on your submission. The phone number is (916) 227-4557. You will need the following information: (1) your date of birth; and (2) the 10-digit Automated Transaction Identifier (ATI) number that appears at the bottom of the Department of Justice form requesting Live Scan fingerprint background checks. The ATI number always appears in the following sequence: 1 LETTER; 3 NUMBERS; 3 LETTERS and 3 NUMBERS.
The agency requesting the background check will provide you with the live scan forms necessary to complete the live scan. All Live Scan forms must be provided to you by the agency that wants you to get fingerprinted. These forms contain information that is unique to each agency and this information must be provided before arriving to have your prints taken. However, if you have misplaced your live scan form, we still may be able to assist you. Please check our forms page for further information.
Individuals have the right to request a copy of their own criminal history record from DOJ to review the information for accuracy and completeness. You may request a background clearance for yourself based on fingerprints, and other personal information. California Department of Justice only accepts Live Scan fingerprints for personal record review checks. As the state's central repository for criminal history records, the California Department of Justice provides an automated fingerprint submission service for conducting criminal background checks that may be required as a condition of employment, licensing, certification, child placement, or entry into the United States or another country. Criminal history background checks from the FBI may be conducted using ink-rolled fingerprints on paper cards (generally on FBI FD-258 cards).
********************** Bring following for Live Scan ************************
1) Obtain a BCII 8016, "Request for Live Scan Service" Form. If you do not have the form, please contact your employer, organization or requesting agency (or their website) for this form. Make sure when you get this form that you are also given the proper information listed below:
Type of Application
Job Title or Type of License, Certification or Permit
Agency Address Set Contributing Agency
Billing Number (Only if they are paying for your background check)
OCA (Your Number) If applicable.
You must complete the remaining form with your personal information. Please be advised that we Can Not fingerprint without the ORI number.
2) Bring along with your completed Form BCII 8106 a Valid (Not Expired) Government Issued Photo Identification for live scan services. The following are examples of acceptable forms of photo identification:
• California Driver's License
• California DMV ID Card
• Out-of-state Driver's License
• Alien Registration / Immigration Green Card • Military ID Card
• Mexican Consulate ID Card
3) Three Copies of The Request for Live Scan Form
4) Payment for the Live Scan Fingerprinting. Cash, Company Check - Some Restrictions Apply